Stitching with a Smile!

Thoughts run around in my head. The negative thoughts bully the positive thoughts. They push, they shove and they like to be loud.
Positive thoughts don't push, they don't scream. Positive thoughts sing softly and need quiet to be heard.
Stitching quiets the bullies, lulls them, they need to rest. I can then hear the positive thoughts singing. Each positive thought gets one-on-one attention. Stitching brings order in the chaos.
So when I stitch I smile. You may not see the smile if you're watching, but it's there, always, on the inside.
Stitching with a smile!

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Miner

This is for my husband. It's by Heritage Stitchcraft - "Early Shift". I am doing it on 14 count Aida because I thought I'd pick something quick and easy. Now that I've started, I think I should have done this on Linen. It will be nice nonetheless.
I bought it last fall - my husband was working for the mine, underground. He's since come to work on surface. And now has been advised (along with 686 others) that he is laid off. (our town is hit pretty hard with this and other lay offs). My first thought with regards to this chart was, glad I didn't do it. However, hubby now wants to go back to school for mining tech. So back to the stash I went and am doing this to encourage him. It will be a hard grind over the next two years... but well worth the effort.
Have a good rest of the week!
Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment