Stitching with a Smile!

Thoughts run around in my head. The negative thoughts bully the positive thoughts. They push, they shove and they like to be loud.
Positive thoughts don't push, they don't scream. Positive thoughts sing softly and need quiet to be heard.
Stitching quiets the bullies, lulls them, they need to rest. I can then hear the positive thoughts singing. Each positive thought gets one-on-one attention. Stitching brings order in the chaos.
So when I stitch I smile. You may not see the smile if you're watching, but it's there, always, on the inside.
Stitching with a smile!

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Progress!


Moving, slowly, but moving along!
The Hardanger is nearly there. I've completed 3 of the 4 sections with doves eyes. Then the adjoining wrap and voila!
The miner is slower, but progressing.
Question????? I've ordered Q-Snaps (due to arrive any day!). It is recommended that they be removed when not working on the project - but do they REALLY need to be removed (especially if not covering any of the stitching area? I've only ever used scroll frames and hoop frames.....which are a bit time consuming. Hoping that Q-Snaps are easier.
Please let me know what you do with your Q-Snaps. Thanks!
Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. As with hoops, Q Snaps do need to be removed from the stitching. This prevents them from warping the fabric out of shape and allows it to rest and relax back into shape. Q Snaps are MUCH easier in using than hoops or a scroll frame. One good feature, is that if loosens up from your working of the cloth, a simple twist of the wrist will tighten everything up.

    Your Hardanger is very beautiful. Keep up the good work :-)

    ReplyDelete